August 19, 2010

DESIGNERS above The Corner Shop

Hey you guys :)

Everyone who's following me on twitter and who have read my tweets today, knew I was meeting fellow blogger Elena Vasilieva today! I went to Brussels and searched for the atelier where she and Aurore Brun make and sell their clothes. It was A-mazing! I really enjoyed talking to them and got to know them and their style better. 




Elena's pieces were gorgeous but I was so curious about her winter collection, on which she's working right now, that I prefered waiting till september - october to shop! Aurore's designs were also really good and I even bought one piece as you can see above! 

Of course I asked them a lot of questions, because I was so amazed and just curious to know a bit about them. For example, I asked what their favourite designers were. Although they both found it hard to answer, they gave me a few names... Elena's top 3 were Dora Abodi, Denis Simachev and Christian Siriano. Aurore's list consists of Henrik Vibskov, Hope and Wood Wood. She had another favourite, but it doesn't excist anymore: Perry, come on!

A few new names for my fashion vocabulary but that's never a bad thing, right?! Well.. I enjoyed today and I hope to see them again soon!

And as for you guys, you can also give the girls a little visit! Their atelier+shop is in Rue des Chartreux / Kartuizerstraat 48b (upstairs!) and it's called "DESIGNERS above THE CORNER SHOP", they both have a blog which you can find in my right side bar!

 Enjoy  the pictures :)

Elena & the scissors
A new creation, looked stunning on Aurore herself!
 A few of Elena's pieces
A bag by Elena, with her actual drawings (amazing!) and scarfs from Aurore's collection
 Aurore's pieces with the legging/harem pants I bought
 And me, wearing my sister's pants, top by Silence+Noise and heels by Marc by Marc Jacobs


P.S. Thanks to Amy Armstrong for following

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, that very cool, thank so much for the post

xx

vasilieva
http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/

de scalle said...

éééé mijn refterbroek